Monday, October 20, 2008

Redbox

I rented a movie for the first time in a long time this weekend, and decided to use Redbox, a kiosk at my local grocery store. I've never used one of these things before. It was stupidly easy. I reserved the movie online in less than 2 minutes (including registration), went to the store and picked it up in about two touch-screen presses and a credit card swipe. All movies are $1/day (only new releases though), and you can just keep it as long as you need to, though if you start going more than 4-5 days you'd have been better off getting it at Blockbuster or such. Returning it involved one touch-screen press and slide the case into the kiosk. Done.

Just thought I'd share. I usually totally ignore all that kind of crap in grocery stores (well except for the coin counting machines, those are pretty cool, especially now that you can use them with Amazon for no fee). In fact I didn't even know it was there until a few weeks ago, and I've been going to that store for a year now.

The movie I rented was Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It was...meh. Funny in spots. It dragged on in others. Important to note that Apatow did not write this one, only produced it. It was written by Jason Segel (of How I Met Your Mother), which probably explains all the gratuitous dong.

No comments: