Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Offer...Accepted

Huge news in the PalmerRaineyan house. I got an offer Friday on my way to Charlotte for my 2nd interview with Hewitt. Yesterday I got the offer from them, and I immediately accepted. Not much to debate about or re-negotiate. Hmmm....great pay, bonus, benefits, work anywhere I want or they will pay to move me to Charlotte. Gee...let me think. OK. So yesterday within a span of an hour, I got an offer, accepted it, quit my job, and turned down the other offer. So it was a day full of rejoicing and rejection all around. A little bit bitter, a lot sweet. I will start my new job 10/15, more than likely working from the farm for a couple months until we find someplace permanent.

I celebrated by taking the wife out for calzones. Because that's how we do it. Ash and I have this running argument about the merits of pizza. She seems to think that you can have (brace yourself) too much pizza. WTH is that? And also I have never been able to take her to an actual pizza place for dinner, probably because she just doesn't loooove pizza like she, clearly, should. I had been wanting to go to Mellow Mushroom for years when we were in Athens and then Columbus, and I could never get her excited about it, so last night was a bit of a small victory. Baby steps.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congrats! You'll have to tell us more about the job.

Kimberly and Jeff

Hogwild said...

Congrats again, Mojo!!

pfft...too much pizza...that's like too much money...or too much sex...or too much Halo. Not possible!!!

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

That unpossible! (too much pizza that is, not you finding a job :D )

Congrats on the job thing. Can I borrow some cash?