Monday, September 24, 2007

Knock Knock Who's There Trick or Treat...Sex

If you don't know what that refers to...then you must see this:



LOLz. That's just funny, I don't care who you are. I know.

In other comedy news, we saw the movie Superbad on Sunday. Pretty damn funny. It's along the same vein as American Pie, filled with the raunchy antics of sex-crazed drunken teens, but in my humble opinion I think it does in a way that is more respectable. I can't think of a better word, but that is close. The movie isn't about sex and getting drunk. I mean yes, the funny bits of the movie are about sex and drinking, but the movie does have a deeper meaning, and it doesn't make fun of it like others in the genre. It's hard to explain. I just walked away thinking I liked it more and brought across to teens a better message than the American Pies. I recommend it.

In gaming news, Halo 3 came out last night. I went to the midnight launch at the local game store, and after waiting for an hour and putting up with high school kids yelling and throwing things, it was totally worth it when I got to take the game home. Played it all night, and went to bed about 5:30am this morning. Woke up at 10am and finished the campaign, what a riot. I don't know if Halo 3 will quite have the life-changing effect that Halo 2 had, which basically put online console gaming on the map. Halo 3 fixed a lot of the online bugs and such of Halo 2, but since it's still such a similar game I don't know as it'll have the "wow" effect for as long as Halo 2 dominated the Xbox Live charts. Nonetheless, I'll be playing it every night until I get sick of it; hopefully, they'll release maps, playlists, and tweaks enough to keep it fresh for years.

No comments: