Wednesday, August 01, 2007

On...Bay-Bay!

Sorry I just can't say "baby" without doing Fat Bastard.

Well, I'd hoped it would take longer to work (wink...wink), but alas my virility has betrayed me. Bam! First month. Well, we didn't know we were successful the first month that we tried but that's a longer story...read on.

I came home June 15th from my first week contracting in Atlanta, and she woke me up at 4 am to gleefully wave the little digital readout on a pee-stick in front of me (kind of gross now that I think about it). Exactly how excessively technological is a digital readout on a pregnancy test? So very excessive. But I love it. So anyway, needless to say I didn't get any more sleep that day. I had to go into my former place of employment (quack) and wrap up some things, as it was technically my last day there. I skipped out of work at about 3pm and we went to the movie Knocked Up (how appropriate), and then to Barnes and Noble to buy the stereotypical small arsenal of baby books. I did have to put my foot down on the $20 baby name book. I ordered the same thing on half.com for like four bucks. $20 for a list of names...seriously.

So, we thought two weeks later when we went to the first ultrasound, that we were just about 5-6 weeks pregnant, tops. It was pretty amazing to start to see her outline the blob on the machine as some sort of potential-human. But when she flipped on the audio, my jaw dropped. Ash and I looked at each other and we told the nice little nurse lady that we didn't think you could hear a heartbeat until much later (which we knew, of course, because we had already studied our new baby textbooks - and by "we" I mean "Ash"). She said something to the effect of "oh, no, I put you at about 9-10 weeks pregnant." Holy sh'pocky.

Until that point, I hadn't been stressed at all about looking for a job and wanting to move to Florida. I was then. But it was overshadowed by our excitement about what's to come. Ash is now about 14 weeks, give or take a few days, and our due date is 1/24/08.

Just don't call us "breeders" yet. We're still shooting for just one, but I guess a lot can change. Who knows, I could actually become responsible and shit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know I removed the part of the stick that you pee on! So you can stop being grossed out. Oh and it was 4:30 in the mornging not 4! Good thing I'm here to correct you! Love, Ash

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

GET IN MY BELL AY!!!

Let me know when you get to #17...

Congratulations!

-Slinger (sexy maaaaan, sexy man)