Sunday, March 18, 2007

On Vegas, Baby!...and 300

Last week, on Saturday I left for Vegas. I got there about 2 o'clock in the afternoon, and I got my first business card for a stripper by 2:30. Bree...$49 Special. I don't know what "special" means, but for $49 I have a good guess. It became normal after a while, seeing all the Mexicans snap the cards as you pass by and pushing them towards you, but the next day I had to do a double-take when I saw a couple of Mexican women snapping the cards.

I was there until eeeeearly Thursday morning. I played a lot of poker with my brother who crashed in my room at the Venetian (rough living, let me tell you).

Last night, I went and saw the movie 300 with SayBN, a fellow geezer. It was actually a pretty good movie. Obviously more of a "guy movie". It was sort of like a chronological prequel to Braveheart. Lots of fighting sequences where the lead characters are nigh-indestructible, long monologues with fist-raising endings, and even the part where the local aristocrat tries to have sex with the protagonist's wife...yeah that was in this one too. But the cinematography and the effects were pretty sweet.

Oh and by the way SayBN, the guy who played Dilios (David Wenham) was Faramir in the LotR The Two Towers.

No comments: