Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall TV

Quick post on what we are watching:

First off, my favorite new show is Reaper, hands down. This show is very funny and what I like about it is that unlike in most shows where one character is there for comedy, in Reaper pretty much all of them are. And I guess it's just one of my guilty pleasures that I'm always drawn to slacker shows. Could it be...oh...maybe...because I'm a slacker?

Honorable mention goes to Big Bang Theory. I guess it's another truth that I am drawn to nerds. Could it be...oh...maybe...because I'm a nerd? But I do find myself laughing out loud at some of the lines in this show.

Chuck is a good show, not great. We still have a season pass for it and so long as we have the time to keep watching it, we'll keep recording it. But if we ever run low on TV time then I could see this getting cut.

The only other new show we added is Pushing Daisies, which we haven't watched yet. But the only reason I added it was because I couldn't remember which show about death was the funny one, when I was setting up the season passes. Turns out the show I wanted was Reaper, so I don't expect we'll keep this one. I haven't heard good things about it anyway.

Other than that, a lot of our favorite shows returned: Office, It's Always Sunny, How I Met Your Mother, and Biggest Loser to name a few. Yes, I like to watch Biggest Loser. I can't explain it. There is something innately impressive about what they accomplish. The guy that got voted off this week lost something like 130 pounds. On the contrary, I can't stand shows like Extreme Makeover, where not only do the people do very little themselves, but then they end up all looking the same (same nose, same teeth, same hairstyle, same boobs...).

Other than that, two of our other favorites are just finished up - Psych and Eureka. Look forward to those coming back.

I'm probably forgetting a few shows without the TV in front of me.

7 comments:

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

I haven't watched Eureka yet! I'll get to it this weekend. We recorded Pushing Daisies, and I really enjoyed it! It was kind of Dr. Suess-ish in it's style and narration. I don't know how it'll be long-term. It might get old quick.

I'm definately the nerd/comedy type. My DVR events include: Eureka, Bionic Woman, Stargate: Atlantis, Battlestar Gallactica, Doctor Who, The Office, My Name is Earl, The Simpsons, Family Guy, and Torchwood.

Brian in Real Life, Mojo on the Xbox said...

Ash and I like the sci-fi TV like Doctor Who as well, but we typically will watch those on DVD. Currently we are watching Queer as Folk on DVD and it is taking forever since we moved up to the farm. I think we have seen two episodes in about 3 months.

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

Glenda has been enjoying ST:Voyager that we've been watching from Netflix, and we record Lost, but other than that, she doesn't watch any of the sci-fi shows. She records her own lot. We pretty much only share The Office and Earl. Oh, and for now, Bionic Woman. We used to both watch Desperate Housewives, but she got vindictive a few seasons ago when I wanted to go out and she watched the recording and deleted it. I haven't watched it since. I still give her a hard time about that because there went 45 minutes of "quality time" together... :)

Brian in Real Life, Mojo on the Xbox said...

Hehe, that'll learn her.

Ash and I pretty much share all the shows, the only excpeptions are poker (me) and Desperate Housewives (her). Other than that we pretty much watch everything on the Tivo together.

The Tivo rules. We're getting a 2nd one.

Kimberly said...

I meant to reply to this sooner, but then, I ended up having a baby so I never got around to it. I too really like Reaper, but I think my favorite new show is Pushing Daisies. If you still haven't seen it, give it a try. I can see how it wouldn't work for everyone and I expect it to get canceled, but plan to enjoy it until then. I haven't seen Chuck, but then, it didn't look that great to me. I am seriously Office deficient this month too. When I was in the hospital, our satellite went out so it didn't record. Then, last week, a tornado came through the area so the local news was on instead. I hope that we can finally see it tonight.

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian in Real Life, Mojo on the Xbox said...

We finally did see Pushing Daisies and it is one of our favorite shows now. We now officially have too many tv shows to watch in one week.